Licensing Consulting Group is at the forefront of the new economy and the global intellectual property marketplace. Our approach focuses on the business side of IP. We combine business acumen with IP knowledge to offer solutions focused on business goals and objectives. Our role varies from analysis and planning the IP strategy, to implementing and actively managing the licensing program, to training and leading the internal IP team.
Our services include:
- Working with you to understand the potential of your company IP
- Developing an IP strategy to manage, protect and leverage your IP
- Conducting an IP Audit to identify IP assets, legal issues, risks and revenue opportunities
- Preparing an IP funding package and presenting to debt or equity investors
- Implementing and managing an outbound licensing program
- Finding and negotiating rights to outside IP to launch or expand your business
- Advising on licensing issues, including revenue options, negotiations, and deal terms
- Preparing for an IP asset valuation and assisting with the valuation process
Whether you are a start-up looking for a faster way to build market traction, an operating business looking for new revenue opportunities, or an IP owner with a market-ready product or technology, LCG offers the expertise and resources to help you capitalize on your licensing opportunities.
The Business Side of Intellectual Property
Intellectual property and, more broadly, intangible assets now dominates global business. Since the mid-1990s, businesses around the world invest more in new intangible assets—databases, brands, worker training and competencies, as well as R&D and patents—than in new physical assets. Companies now earn more from their intellectual property in its various forms than from their manufacturing plants and equipment.
Profit is now a game of out thinking competitors and less about out producing them. The old business model designs a product and sells it to create a major revenue stream. The new business model leverages intellectual property (IP) to generate higher profit margins and more value than the traditional “product only” business.
Managing intellectual property effectively is essential to the survival and growth of every business. Management that focuses on creating, controlling and leveraging rights to intellectual property will be the most successful in today’s IP centric economy.